What is Integrative Medicine?
Nothing in nature is uniform. A "one size fits all" approach to healthcare is really not the best way to heal people. Since each person's body is different with unique needs, actions and reactions, a customized approach for healthcare is the way of the future.
Integrative medicine is a Healing-oriented approach that blends holistic, complementary, and alternative care based on scientific evidence of safety and effectiveness with mainstream medical therapies.
Treating the whole person is the objective (mind-body-soul) not just the signs and symptoms of the disease. An integrative approach aims to rebalance the body to help decrease dependency on medications and to alleviate physical or emotional stress.
Focuses on the “root cause” of disease or dysfunction within an organ system
- Pairs emerging science with conventional medicine
- Patient-centered as opposed to a disease-centered approach
- Takes a comprehensive history, ordering nutritional and specialty metabolic lab work, and looks at the complex interactions among genetic, environmental, nutritional, metabolic, diet and lifestyle factors that influence health and chronic disease
- 200 year old approach
- Based on principle of “like cures like”
- Triggers the body to heal itself
- Uses micro-doses of plant-based, animal, or mineral substances
- Free of side effects. Can be used safely in pregnancy, lactation, and along side conventional or chemotherapeutic drugs
- Great for treating ACUTE conditions including Aconitum for fevers, Oscillococcinum for colds/flu, Drosera, Hepar sulfuricum, and Spongia tosta for cough, Arsenicum album, Ipecac, and Cinchona for vomiting and diarrhea, Ferrum phosphoricum and Belladonna for ear infections and many more…….
Dr. Ruiz is a senior instructor of the Center for Education and Development of Clinical Homeopathy (CEDH),
international educational course for physicians and prescribers.
To learn more about CEDH visit www.cedhusa.org
Food is medicine
- Food is a basic building block of health
- Eat locally grown foods and preferably “eat with the seasons”
- Drink half your body weight in ounces of water daily
- Eat 5-7 servings of fruits and veggies daily
- Minimize or avoid foods that cause inflammation (refined sugars, trans and saturated fats, gluten, dairy, additives, and animal proteins)
- Focus on adding anti-inflammatory foods (whole grains, fruits and vegetables, items low in saturated fats, foods high in omega 3’s, plant proteins, and unprocessed foods)
- Centuries-old technique
- Our physical body and all of its internal organs are regulated by a life force, called Qi (pronounced “chee”) which circulates throughout the body along major channels according to TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine)
- Hundreds of points have been identified along these pathways that, when stimulated by needles, affect our bodily processes
- When Qi flows abundantly, one can experience optimum health
- When there are blockages to the flow of energy, pain and dis ”ease” occur
- Acupuncture restores the body’s natural circulation of Qi, by unblocking and rebalancing the natural flow of energy throughout the body
- Treats a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions which may include infant colic/gerd, allergies, fever, headache, stomach pain, ear infection, cough and cold, asthma, chronic urticarial/eczema, constipation, dysmenorrhea, anxiety, fatigue, and supports a weakened immune system
- Uses medical grade ozone (molecular O3) which is safe and effective
- Established in Germany in 1950’s to treat medical disorders
- Composed of 3 oxygen molecules, unlike oxygen that is composed of only 2 oxygen molecules, the extra oxygen molecule makes ozone “supercharged” oxygen
- Does NOT act as a drug. It is a biological modifier that works by stimulating intact biological systems
- Calms down an overactive immune system (i.e. autoimmune disorders)
- Stimulates an underactive immune system (i.e. chronic infections, etc.)
- Kills bacteria, viruses, fungi, and protozoa and interferes with cellular metabolism by preventing the development of the enzymatic control system
- Increases anti-oxidant production for those who suffer from chronic disease
- Enhances blood flow and improves circulation
- Powerful stimulant of our mitochondria (the energy powerhouse in our cells) to prevent or slow degenerative diseases from diabetes to heart disease to cancer
- Is not a standalone therapy
29995 Technology Drive, Suite 203
Murrieta, CA 92563